Monday, August 2, 2010

TRIP OF BIHAR

About eight year before, I was in Bihar for a married. In between those period I travel different places of Bihar. Like Rajgir, Pawapuri, and Nalanda. All places were very beautiful and nice building. Rajgir is kown as for their historical background and Budhastupa on top of a hill. Stupa was well maintained and having budha statue . from top of hill I enjoyed large beautiful view of village, river and hills. I did not remember much more about Pawapuri , but few things or images I have in my memory is there is a temple in between pond . Pond is different from normal one because as in villages they are very dirty and animals took bath in ponds. Ponds were used very badly. But that pond were very clean and having lots of different types of fishes .They were quite big and swimming all around in water. When we were gave some food to them , they just attack on them. We stay there about one and a half hour. In those time I went to the temple which were not so big but use of stone were quite well. They created path, surrounding and a small water fall which looks very nice. They make some beautiful sculpture around temple which increase beauty of temple. After that we went to the ruins of Nalanda university which is in Nalanda. Ruins of university are spread in very large area. Local people told me that it was in total Nalanda district under the earth. When I went to main ruins of university .I was surprised to saw the thickness of wall , the thickness is about two car can easily drive on it together. When I go further inside I saw ruins of student hostel where student were living. The rooms were small but wall are very thick. All rooms made continuously in rectangular form having courtyard in the centre, in court yard there were place with large chulha(food making space where fire take place). The students makes their own food there. After this place I move forward and saw a very huge structure having one side staires go on top ,but that was locked. There were lots of large and huge pillars around the base of structure. The pillar were vary carved with god and goddesses with their respective animals like elephant, lions, fishes, owl and flowers like lotus were carved very beautifully. After that moving forward went to place where a very precisely made octagonal well which is covered with iron rods. These all structure were made of small bricks I did not remember the what kind of mortar were used in that time. It was looks like lime and may be rice.
After that we were very tired and we were take food in nearest hotel and go back to home .
That trip was very nice. The moments will remains fresh throughout my life.
Thank you
DEEPAK SHARMA
A/2047/2008
3rd YEAR B.ARCH.
SPA, NEW DELHI

No comments:

Post a Comment